Aetna’s Care Advocate Program
Information and Support for Serious and Chronic Health Conditions
The Aetna Care Advocate Program provides personal, ongoing support from a dedicated healthcare professional who can provide information about your serious or chronic condition and your treatment options.
A confidential, free service, exclusively for Cox Medical Plan participants
Reach out to your Care Advocate when you have questions or concerns about:
- A personal health condition or diagnosis
- Locating the best physicians or healthcare services for your specific needs
- Ongoing care for medical conditions
- Coordination of hospital care
- Upcoming tests or procedures
- Finding support groups and resources in your community
The Aetna Care Advocate Program provides support from a team of specially trained nurses and medical professionals, dedicated exclusively to Cox Medical Plan participants. One team member will be devoted to your case and provide guidance to you throughout treatment and recovery.
To contact the Aetna Care Advocate team:
- Call 888-553-3449 (toll-free)
- Choose the Care Advocate Option
- Available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For many Cox locations, the employee assistance program (EAP) is administered by Magellan Health Services. Magellan offers:
Free and confidential counseling with a licensed counselor to help you or full-time members of your household address issues such as:
- Stress management
- Relationship problems
- Interpersonal conflicts
- Substance abuse
- Financial issues
Referral programs to assist you in finding resources, information and assistance regarding:
- Child care
- Special needs
- Selection of schools, daycare, summer camps or after-school care
- Volunteer opportunities
- Health and wellness issues
- Career options
- Elder care
- Financial planning
- Convenience services
- Legal services
To Access Magellan Health Services
- Call 1-800-888-CARE (2273)
- Or, visit https://www.magellanassist.com/default.asp and click on the “New or Unregistered User” button. You will then be asked to enter your program toll-free number (800-888-2273) and your Organization Name (Cox).
Created by Cox to provide our employees, business partners, and families with an online resource for getting important information during a crisis. Much of the current content on CoxAlert.com focuses on what to do in preparation for and during all hazards.
In Case of an Emergency, Use This Site to Stay Informed
In the event of a crisis or a disaster affecting a Cox company or location, visit CoxAlert.com to learn what steps you should take, both for work and personal interests. During an emergency, we will regularly update content so that you have the most current news and complete instructions on what actions you should take.
Before an Emergency, Use This Site to Get Prepared
At Cox, personal security is a shared responsibility, so be proactive. Take time to review the information within this site. We’ve included important information that can teach you how to minimize risks and protect yourself, your family and your colleagues during an emergency. Remember, creating a plan is your first step to becoming prepared. This site can help.